GREENSBORO, N.C. – Smith Moore LLP is proud to announce 20 lawyers were recently selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2005-2006, the preeminent legal referral guide in the United States (Copyright 2004 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, S.C.).
Attorneys from each of Smith Moore’s key practice areas including Litigation, Business, Health Care, and Labor and Employment, were recognized as Best Lawyers for outstanding client service, and for performance and professional reputation in a practice area of law.
"To have 20 honorees in the Best Lawyer guide is truly a tribute to everyone at the firm," said Steve Earp, managing partner of Smith Moore. "What I find even more impressive is four of the 20 attorneys have been recipients of this honor for a decade – a real compliment to our business practices and leadership. In addition, we have four attorneys, including Jonathan A. Berkelhammer, Robert R. Marcus, Barbara C. Ruby, and Samuel O. Southern, to receive this honor for the first time, a reflection of our continued growth. We are truly grateful to Best Lawyers in America for their unending commitment to recognize excellence among the legal community."
The 2005-2006 guide is the eleventh edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which 16,000 leading attorneys throughout the country cast more than a half million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice area.
The following Smith Moore attorneys were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2005–2006, along with their practice area:
- Kent Auberry, Corporate, M&A, and Securities Law
- Jonathan A. Berkelhammer, Personal Injury Litigation
- Harold N. Bynum, Environmental Law
- J. Donald Cowan, Jr., Personal Injury Litigation; Antitrust Law
- Herbert O. Davis, Corporate, M&A and Securities Law; Financial Institutions and Transactions Law
- Alan W. Duncan, Business Litigation; First Amendment Law; Personal Injury Litigation
- Stephen W. Earp, Environmental Law
- Martin N. Erwin, Labor and Employment Law
- Bynum M. Hunter, Personal Injury Litigation
- Robert R. Marcus, Business Litigation
- James A. Medford, Intellectual Property Law; International Trade and Finance Law
- Charles E. Melvin, Jr., Real Estate Law
- Maureen Demarest Murray, Health Care Law
- Barbara C. Ruby, Tax Law
- Larry B. Sitton, Antitrust Law; Business Litigation
- Julianna C. Theall, Labor and Employment Law
- E. Garrett Walker, Real Estate Law
- Jeri L. Whitfield, Worker’s Compensation Law
- Samuel O. Southern, Health Care Law
- Robert L. Wilson, Jr., Health Care Law
Media Contact: Melissa Holton, (919) 277-1154