Charlotte, N.C. — Twenty-seven Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys earned recognition in the 2015 Chambers USA Guide by Chambers and Partners, publisher of the world's leading guides to the legal profession. In addition, Charles Melvin, Jr. and Larry Sitton received additional honors bestowed by Chambers USA as Senior Statesmen while Jim Medford was honored as a Recognised Practitioner.
The firm also received rankings across seven key practice areas, including recognition in North and South Carolina for work in Litigation, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate. In North Carolina the firm was also ranked for work in Healthcare, Environment, Labor & Employment, and Intellectual Property. The firm was recognized in Georgia for its Healthcare practice.
Two attorneys from the firm’s Greensboro office and one from the Raleigh office received Chambers' highest ranking, Band 1, for North Carolina lawyers in their respective practice areas – Maureen Demarest Murray and Robert L. Wilson, Jr for Healthcare; and Julie Theall Earp for Labor & Employment. In addition, two attorneys from the firm's Greensboro office made their first appearance on the ranking's list – Terrill Harris for Healthcare, and Alexander Maultsby for Labor & Employment.
In its 16th year of publication, the Chambers USA Guide is an annual ranking of leading lawyers and law firms in the United States. Results are obtained through hours of research and thousands of interviews with clients and lawyers, with greater weight given to the views of clients. The qualities on which the rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities highly valued by clients.
A client interviewed by Chambers commented, "We are extremely pleased with this firm. Responsiveness is top-notch; they are detail-oriented and know the cases; and they are professional, ethical, and care about the client."
The 27 Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys recognized as leaders in their states and practice areas include:
- E. Kent Auberry, Greensboro, NC
- Richard L. Few Jr., Greenville, SC
- Frank C. Williams, Greenville, SC
- Stephen W. Earp, Greensboro, NC
- Ramona Cunningham O'Bryant, Greensboro, NC
- Terrill J. Harris, Greensboro, NC
- Barry S. Herrin, Atlanta, GA
- Maureen Demarest Murray, Greensboro, NC
- Lawrence J. Myers, Atlanta, GA
- Tobin N. Watt, Atlanta, GA
- Robert L. Wilson Jr., Raleigh, NC
- Jim Medford, Greensboro, NC (Recognised Practitioner)
Labor & Employment
- Julianna Theall Earp, Greensboro, NC
- Alexander L. Maultsby, Greensboro, NC
- George J. Oliver, Raleigh, NC
- Patti Ramseur, Greensboro, NC
- Steven E. Farrar, Greenville, SC
- Michael J. Giese, Greenville, SC
- Robert R. Marcus, Charlotte, NC
- Robert D. Moseley, Greenville, SC
- Larry B. Sitton, Charlotte, NC (Senior Statesmen)
- Fred M. Wood Jr., Charlotte, NC
- Brian Byrd, Greensboro, NC
- Michele Lyerly, Greenville, SC
- Charles E. Melvin Jr., Greensboro, NC (Senior Statesmen)
- Marvin Quattlebaum, Greenville, SC
- Thomas E. Terrell Jr., Greensboro, NC
For more information about Chambers and Partners research and ranking methodology, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
For more information, contact:
Brandy Humphries (email@example.com)