Greenville, S.C.– Eleven attorneys from Smith Moore Leatherwood have been recognized by South Carolina Super Lawyers magazine in 2014. Steve Farrar, a litigator in the Greenville office, was recognized as one of the top 10 attorneys honored overall in South Carolina. The top 10 attorneys receive the highest point totals in the South Carolina nomination, research and blue ribbon review process.
Eight lawyers were included as Super Lawyers by the publication and three others were honored as South Carolina Rising Stars of 2014. Fewer than five percent of lawyers in each state are selected to this exclusive list.
Super Lawyers is an independent lawyer rating service that selects attorneys using a rigorous, multiphase rating process. Through peer nominations, evaluations and third party research, outstanding attorneys are selected within each state. Rising Stars are selected by peer nominations of attorneys age 40 or below with 10 years or less of legal experience.
The Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys honored as South Carolina Super Lawyers in 2014 are:
- Michael Bowers (Business Litigation)
- William Dennis (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Steven Farrar (Business Litigation), South Carolina "Top 10"
- Michael Giese (Business Litigation)
- Tod Hyche (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Natalma McKnew (Franchise/Dealership)
- Robert Moseley, Jr. (Transportation/Maritime)
- Kurt Rozelsky (Transportation/Maritime)
The Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys honored as South Carolina's Rising Stars of 2014 are:
- Michael Hickerson (Securities & Corporate Finance)
- Jason Maertens (General Litigation)
- Fredric Marcinak III (Transportation/Maritime)
For more information, contact:
Heather Olson (email@example.com)