Greenville, S.C. – Eight lawyers from Smith Moore Leatherwood were recently honored as "Lawyers of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 (Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC). Only a single lawyer in each practice area, in each community is honored as a "Lawyer of the Year."
Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, has honored the following Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys as Best Lawyers' 2015 Lawyers of the Year:
- Clyde Holt III, Land Use and Zoning Litigation Lawyer of the Year; Raleigh, NC
- David L. Kyger, Non-Profit and Charities Lawyer of the Year; Greensboro, NC
- Elizabeth J. Bondurant, Insurance Lawyer of the Year; Atlanta, GA
- J. Tod Hyche, Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year; Greenville, SC
- Jeri L. Whitfield, Workers' Compensation Law (Employers) Lawyer of the Year; Greensboro, NC
- Maureen Demarest Murray, Health Care Lawyer of the Year; Greensboro, NC
- Robert A. deHoll, Construction Lawyer of the Year; Greenville, SC
- Stephen W. Earp, Environmental Law; Greensboro, NC
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. Over 52,000 leading attorneys cast more than 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
For more information, contact:
Heather Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org)