Evan has more than a decade of experience litigating complex business disputes. He routinely appears in state and federal courts, including the North Carolina Business Court, and handles binding arbitrations, both before the American Arbitration Association and other quasi-judicial bodies. He has brought cases to verdict before juries, judges, and arbitrators, and handled appeals in North Carolina's appellate courts and in the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.
A member of the firm's business litigation team, Evan has broad experience helping clients protect their business interests and assets. He regularly advises clients on:
- breaches of contract and related claims, such as tortious interference, fraud, and unfair and deceptive trade practices;
- franchise and dealership issues, including termination, holdover, and de-identification;
- financial services and products, business leasing, fair debt collection, credit reporting, and collections and deficiency;
- premises, products, and professional liability; and
- misappropriation of trade secrets, covenants not to compete, and related employment issues.
As part of the firm’s Legal Project Management team, Evan assists clients in designing and continuously improving their litigation management strategies and processes to determine the best way to deliver legal work aligned with the client’s interests, utilizing project management and process improvement principles to deliver reductions in cost, cycle time, and overhead. He is a certified Legal Lean Sigma® Yellow Belt.
Evan is the chair of the firm’s Technology Committee and serves on the Technology Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association. He is the past chair of the Mecklenburg County Bar's Legal Volunteer Recruitment Committee, an active member of the ABA's Forum on Franchising, the Business Torts committee of the Section of Litigation, and the Commercial Litigation section of Defense Research Institute. He is also active in the local and legal communities, serving as a class agent for his law school, a volunteer for Friendship Trays, Charlotte's "meals on wheels" organization, and maintaining an active pro bono practice.