No matter the market or industry, businesses today need to protect their proprietary information, client relationships, and overall goodwill when employees depart. Further, hiring new employees brings concern over becoming entangled in disputes with those individuals’ former employers. When litigation ensues, businesses need trusted lawyers who focus their practice here, because the stakes are high and the law is constantly evolving.
Our attorneys routinely counsel clients and develop programs for:
- Employment agreements
- Non-solicitation of customers and prospective customers
- Trade secret protection
- Confidentiality agreements
- Intellectual property protection
In litigation, cases involving confidential information and non-competition move swiftly and aggressively, typically with expedited discovery. Our litigation team has the experience and depth to prosecute or defend a case as thoroughly and as quickly as the circumstances require. We have appeared in many state and federal courts, advancing and defending the following types of claims:
- Injunctions (temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions) against competition or customer solicitation
- Breach of contracts not to compete or not to solicit
- Damages for lost business due to breach of restrictive covenants
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Employee raiding
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Conversion of confidential information
- Tortious interference with economic advantage, and more.
As with all business disputes, sometimes the right decision is to litigate to the end and sometimes it is to resolve matters through settlement. Every case is unique to its people and its facts, and we work with our clients to identify the most efficient and effective outcome to fit the dispute.