Smith Moore Leatherwood’s Commercial Leasing group is made up of an experienced collection of lawyers who practice in all aspects of commercial real estate leasing in transactions of all sizes. This includes creating, negotiating and financing lease documents as well as related ancillary documents, instruments and agreements. The team has substantial experience in representing both landlords and tenants as well as investors and lenders, in connection with the leasing of office, retail, mixed-use, multi-family and industrial properties.
Services provided by the Commercial Leasing group include:
- preparing lease forms for office, retail, mixed use, multi-family and industrial properties
- negotiation of leases with owners and tenants
- review of due diligence materials relating to the lease arrangement including but not limited to title, survey, restrictions and other matters.
- Assistance with amending, assigning, subleasing and terminating leases
- Financing related to leases including the collateral assignment of leases, landlord waivers or subordinations and consents, leasehold mortgage financing and lease guaranties
- Review and negotiation of lease guaranties
- Ground leasing and the related due diligence associated with the same
- Rights of First Refusal and Rights of First Offer and related issues