CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Twenty Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys earned recognition in the 2013 Chambers USA Guide by Chambers and Partners, publisher of the world's leading guides to the legal profession. New to the list this year are Larry Myers of the Atlanta, Ga. office for his work in Healthcare, and Michele Lyerly of Greenville, S.C. for her work in Real Estate. In addition, attorney Patti Ramseur of Greensboro, N.C. was named to the 2013 Up-and-Coming list in Labor & Employment.
The firm also received rankings across key practice areas, including recognition in North and South Carolina for work in Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate. In North Carolina the firm was ranked for work in Environment; Labor & Employment; Zoning/Land Use; and Intellectual Property. The firm was recognized in Georgia for its Healthcare practice.
In its 14th year of publication, the Chambers USA Guide is an annual ranking of leading lawyers and law firms in the United States. Results are obtained through hours of research and thousands of interviews with clients and lawyers, with greater weight given to the views of clients. The qualities on which the rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities highly valued by clients.
Overall, twenty Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys were recognized as leaders in their states and practice areas:
- E Kent Auberry, Greensboro, NC
- Richard L Few Jr., Greenville, SC
- Stephen W Earp, Greensboro, NC
- Ramona Cunningham O'Bryant, Greensboro, NC
- Barry S Herrin, Atlanta, Ga
- Lawrence J Myers, Atlanta, Ga
- Tobin N Watt, Atlanta, Ga
Labor & Employment
- Julianna Theall Earp, Greensboro, NC
- George J Oliver, Raleigh, NC
- Patti Ramseur, Greensboro, NC
Litigation: General Commercial
- Steven E Farrar, Greenville, SC
- Michael J Giese, Greenville, SC
- Jonathan Heyl, Charlotte, NC
- Robert R Marcus, Charlotte, NC
- Larry B Sitton, Charlotte, NC
- Fred M Wood Jr., Charlotte, NC
- Brian Byrd, Greensboro, NC
- Michele Lyerly, Greenville, SC
- Charles E Melvin Jr., Greensboro, NC
- Marvin Quattlebaum, Greenville, SC
For more information about Chambers and Partners research and ranking methodology, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.