Charlotte, N.C. — Five Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys have been elected to the partnership in the Charlotte, N.C., Wilmington, N.C., Greenville, S.C., Atlanta, Ga. and Raleigh, N.C., offices effective Jan. 1, 2014.
The new partners are:
- Tanya Oesterreich: An attorney in the Charlotte office and certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in Estate Planning and Probate law. Oesterreich's areas of practice include tax and wealth transfer planning for individuals and closely held businesses, trust and estate administration, representation of fiduciaries and interested persons in contested trust and estate proceedings, and tax controversy work.
- Erin Jochum Roberts: An attorney in the firm's Raleigh and Wilmington offices, who concentrates her practice exclusively in health law. Roberts represents a wide array of health care providers, including health systems, home care providers, and physicians, and her proficiency extends to health care mergers and acquisitions, health care operational and regulatory issues, and fraud and abuse compliance matters.
- Fredric Marcinak: An attorney in the Greenville office, who practices in the firm's Transportation Industry Group, where he represents transportation companies in tort actions and on cargo loss claims and works with insurance carriers on complex coverage matters. In addition, Marcinak handles commercial and business litigation for transportation companies and their insurers, including collections actions, tariff and contract disputes, and independent contractor leasing issues. He is licensed to practice law in both North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Matt Leerberg: An attorney in the firm's Raleigh office, who focuses his practice on appellate litigation as well as state and federal court litigation involving business and employment disputes. Leerberg also regularly represents clients in the North Carolina appellate courts and in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Milt Crouch: An attorney in the firm's Atlanta office, who practices in the areas of federal taxation, corporate and business counseling, trusts and estates planning, charitable giving, compensation and employee benefits, and mergers and acquisitions. Crouch has more than 20 years' experience advising non-profit corporations, preparing applications for exemption from income tax, and resolving controversies with the IRS.
"We congratulate Tanya, Erin, Fredric, Matt, and Milt on this great achievement. We are delighted to have these five individuals join us as partners," said Rob Marcus, Chairman of the firm's Management Committee. "All have demonstrated a strong commitment to their clients and the firm, and we are proud of their successes."