Greenville, S.C. — Eight attorneys from Smith Moore Leatherwood have been named by South Carolina Super Lawyers magazine as top attorneys in 2013. In addition, three attorneys have been honored as South Carolina Rising Stars of 2013. Less than five percent of lawyers in each state are selected to this exclusive list.
This is the fourth consecutive year that Smith Moore Leatherwood has been recognized in Business Litigation, Estate Planning and Probate, and Transportation/Maritime. The category of Franchise and Dealership law has been recognized for a second consecutive year.
Super Lawyers is an independent lawyer rating service that selects attorneys using a rigorous, multiphase rating process. Through peer nominations, evaluations and third party research, outstanding attorneys are selected within each state. Rising Stars are selected by peer nominations of attorneys age 40 or below with 10 years or less of legal experience.
"This honor is especially meaningful to our attorneys because all Super Lawyers are nominated by their peers," said Rob Marcus, Chairman of the firm's Management Committee. "These attorneys are true leaders in their fields, and it is wonderful to see them recognized."
The Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys honored as South Carolina Super Lawyers in 2013 are:
- Michael Bowers (Business Litigation)
- William Dennis (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Steven Farrar (Business Litigation)
- Michael Giese (Business Litigation)
- Tod Hyche (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Natalma McKnew (Franchise/Dealership)
- Robert Moseley, Jr. (Transportation/Maritime)
- Kurt Rozelsky (Transportation/Maritime)
The Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys honored as South Carolina's Rising Stars of 2013 are:
- Michael Hickerson (Securities & Corporate Finance)
- Jason Maertens (General Litigation)
- Fredieric Marcinak III (Transportation/Maritime)
For additional information on Super Lawyers visit www.superlawyers.com
For more information, contact:
Heather Olson (email@example.com)